The SIM Model
Reaching the People of India
Centering on these initiatives:
- Team building: 20 national pastors on board for 5 years
- Challenge pastors: Win 5 villages each
- Train pastors: Biblically ground them for life and ministry
Offering pastors these benefits:
- Short Term Involvement. Indigenous pastors are grateful for Serve India’s resources—training, evangelism tools, and funds for ministry expansion—but want to receive them for a limited time only. A 5-year term with us is long enough for pastors to gain solid grounding without establishing unhealthy dependency ties. National pastors retain full autonomy of the churches they plant.
- Team Synergy. Following the biblical principle that 2 are better than 1, Serve India pastors know the strength that comes from teamwork. When pastors team up rather than work alone, powerful synergy results. Read Pastor Sanjay’s story below.
- Accountability. Pastors choosing to work with Serve India agree to adhere to biblical standards of personal and financial integrity. This provides a healthy accountability structure—no lone-ranger syndrome—without bogging pastors down with unhelpful organizational controls.
Synergy at Work
Going nowhere, at a deadlock—that’s how 20-something Pastor Sanjay in Tamil Nadu saw his outreach ministry. Though he’d been sharing Jesus for months, his efforts seemed like seed falling on hard soil. With local landlords giving him the cold shoulder, Sanjay was having trouble finding a place to rent. And why did no one want to hear about Jesus?
When Sanjay poured his heart out to the other pastors on his Serve India team, they were soon on his doorstep to fast and pray together for a breakthrough. Then they all headed for the villages where Sanjay had been working—and the tide began to turn.
The united faith of his brothers in ministry was just what Sanjay needed to kick-start his ministry: since then he’s planted 3 churches!